Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Review & Interview with Melissa Bourbon Ramirez


       Sacrifice Of Passion by Melissa Bourbon Ramirez 

Book Description 

A tall, dark, single dad Texas rancher finds himself facing more than his stubbornly silent son when the chupacabra, a supposedly mythical blood-sucking beast, starts killing his livestock—and stalking the town’s newly returned veterinary assistant, the sensual woman who ran from the altar and broke his heart twelve years earlier. Determined to purge his sizzling memories of her from his all-too-vivid imagination, he seeks her help to get to the bottom of the disturbing animal mutilations, only to have her break through to his sullen son…and rekindle the love he’d thought was lost forever.

But her refusal to share a terrible secret sends her running straight into the lair of the chupacabra, plunging her back into her worst nightmare, and forcing them both to confront the wrongs of the past in order to stay alive for the future they desperately want.



Rating


Review

What a wonderful story filled with passion, Vic is the type of man every women wants, he’s hardworking, tall dark and sexy, Smart and will do anything to protect his family.

Vic & Delaney have a past, they were childhood sweethearts who were planning on eloping but when Vic never showed up something happened that made Delaney run and not look back. 

12 years later fate brings Delaney back at home, they both hold a lot of resentment awards one another and refuse to let the other back into their heart.

When animals are found killed and drained of their blood the farmers get together to figure out how to keep the animal’s safe. Some say it’s a chupacabra, a supposedly mythical blood-sucking beast and it’s not just after the animals it’s also wants Delaney.  

Will Vic and Delaney be able to put the past behind them?  Will Delaney tell Vic the secret she has been hiding for 12 years? So they can have another chance at love?  Or will the chupacabra take from him everything he holds dear.
I loved both main characters Vic just wants to be happy and have a family. Delaney has had terrible things happen to her in her past and she is lost. 

I finished this book in one day I loved it and I could not put it down. The plot, characters everything in this book I loved. It’s a story about learning to forgive for the past and learning to love again. I will defiantly recommend this book to my readers and friends. 


Where to buy 


Interview  

1.   What led you to write Sacrifice Of Passion? 

Thank you for having me today!   Sacrifice of Passion is the first book in the Deadly Legends Trilogy.  It takes place in the small town of San Julio, Texas, a place that is supposedly cursed.  Killings and the legend of chupacabra are at the center of the story.

My husband is Latino.  The legend of la Llorona was my first foray into Mexican legends.  I found them fascinating! Chupacabra is urban legend, and the little creatures are creepy—perfect for a romantic suspense novel!

2.  What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?

One of my favorites is the scene in the little cabin on the West property.  Vic finds Delaney tied up (for reasons I can’t reveal), and it becomes playful, sexy, and ultimately emotional.
As far as sexy scenes go, I think I am partial to the scene in which Delaney finds herself in Vic’s bedroom.  Ooolala!   The climactic scene with the chupacabra and the chase on horseback is another favorite and gives me tingles—still J

SNBR: That is one of my favorite parts also

3. Is there a message in your Book that you want readers to grasp?

I’m all about never giving up and maintaining hope throughout even the toughest obstacles, so I suppose that’s the biggest take away from Sacrifice of Passion.

4.  Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Sure!  I’m a writer, of course, a mother, a wife, and the marketing director for Entangled Publishing.  Life is very busy!  I have five kids, ages 9-19, one of which is a girl (the 12 year old).  Life is very busy!  Oh.  I already said that. LOL.
 
5. When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?

I started writing seriously when my youngest was born.  I’d dabbled prior to that, but was teaching full time and having babies.  When my youngest was an infant, I started meeting with a friend once a week and we’d write and respond to creative prompts.  Before long Lola Cruz was born.  And not long after that, she had a brother, a family, a job, and a love interest.  And from there, I caught the fever!

6.  Do you work with an outline, or just write?

A little of both.  I have a rough outline—or overall plotline—but so much happens organically as I write scenes.  

7.  Are you working on anything right now?

My first paranormal romance, Deceiving the Witch Next Door just came out!  I’ve had a great writing year J  It’s a fun, small town romance and is much lighter than Sacrifice of Passion.  My next Magical Dressmaking Mystery is coming out in October and I’m currently working on the next installment in that series.  And Bare-Naked Lola just came out in May, so I’m brainstorming the plot for the next book in that series.

8.  What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

It’s always tough when someone doesn’t love your book, and you really do need a thick skin to not let those comments faze you.  Writing and stories are subjective, so realizing that not every story is for every reader is an important lesson.

The best compliment is when (just recently) a blogger said I was in her top five favorite authors, ever!

9.  Your main character is a rancher. Why did you choose this profession, and how did you prepare to write about it?

I live in North Texas and so it felt right that I make Vic a rancher.  It also worked with the chupacabra plot.  I wanted him rugged and tough, but with a strong and deep heart.  Lots of reading, being around family, and just living in Texas in horse country provided plenty of research opportunities.

10.   Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult?

Agatha Christie, of course, given that I’m a mystery writer.  I spent my high school years holed up in a classroom reading every one of her books!

11.   Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers?

I’m eternally grateful that my stories resonate with readers.  I couldn’t ask for more, and I thank every one of them!

 Also available from Melissa Bourbon Ramirez: Deceiving the Witch Next Door

Storie Bell has a little secret—she’s a witch. But magic hasn’t exactly kept her life from being a complete mess—her love life is non-existent and the town thinks she’s a total nutter. Plus there’s her neighbor Reid Malone who runs hot one minute and cold the next. 

Reid Malone can’t wait to escape Bloomington, Texas. Unfortunately, he’s stuck where he is unless he helps his father hide a very illegal secret. The only key to Reid’s freedom lies with the eccentric Storie…and he’ll do whatever it takes to get the information he needs from her. 

But Reid’s holding something back. Something big. And if he’s not careful, he’ll find out exactly what happens when you try to deceive a witch…



Bare Naked Lola

Going undercover is second nature for Private Investigator Lola Cruz, but she’s out of her league when the case of a murdered Royals Courtside Dancer leads her to a local nudist resort. Parading around the sidelines of Sacramento’s professional basketball scene in a barely-there cheerleading outfit is one thing—but parading around in nothing but smile? If she has any chance of hiding this from her traditional family and on-again/off-again boyfriend Jack, she’s going to have a lot more than her duct tape bra and killer dance moves to keep under wraps….

Get your copy of Bare Naked Lola at:

Amazon / B&N / Books a million / Book Depository / Powells



 About Melissa Bourbon Ramirez

Melissa Bourbon, who sometimes answers to her Latina-by-marriage name Misa Ramirez, gave up teaching middle and high school kids in Northern California to write full-time amidst horses and Longhorns in North Texas.  She fantasizes about spending summers writing in quaint, cozy locales, has a love/hate relationship with yoga and chocolate, is devoted to her family, and can’t believe she’s lucky enough to be living the life of her dreams.
She is the marketing director at Entangled Publishing, is the author of the Lola Cruz Mystery series with St. Martin’s Minotaur and Entangled Publishing, A Magical Dressmaking Mystery series with NAL, and is the co-author of The Tricked-out Toolbox and two romantic suspense titles.

Visit Melissa at her website | Twitter Page | Facebook Home | Goodreads | and Books on the House, a website bringing books and readers together!

  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Street Team's